The cost of internet marketing courses in the market are simply outrageous. The public are charged hundreds and thousands just to learn the concept which they can actually learn from the internet itself if only they know where to find them. How many of those who have paid and attended are really successful? I believe the percentage is extremely low.

Let’s not kid ourselves. Do you seriously think that a person who doesn’t know much about internet could actually become an internet marketer just by attending a weekend course? Online business is very tough and requires lots of time, passion and many other important components, especially at the beginning stage.
Those so-called internet gurus out there are not lying when they said that money could be made while you sleep or in your pajamas. But what was not told is that you will have to start making the money before you actually go to bed. Otherwise you will only be dreaming.

During the past few years, I have personally came into contact with thousands of internet marketing course participants. And most of them will just give up after trying for a short while and the rest will go in circles, mostly disillusioned.

The biggest factor that caused their failure is the inability to start their online businesses on their own. The concept of making money from the virtual world is so new to many people that hand-holding sessions need to be provided. But alas, those companies that conduct those internet marketing courses are more interested to look for more new participants instead. To them quantity is more important than quality because making money from the courses are their main objectives and priorities. After all, they are profit oriented companies.

Do you seriously think that these companies are so willing to sit down with you for hours and days to listen to your problems and help you find a solution? To them, if you fail, it is because you are not up to it. Holding internet marketing courses, bootcamps, seminars are actually million dollars industry. There are simply so many suckers out there who are ever willing to depart with their hard earned money. Can’t blame the people because those courses have been packaged in such a nice and convincing ways to entice the public.

Those so-called internet gurus surely do have a way to market their courses and many also came with lots of hypes in them. Attending those courses are encouraged if you could afford it. But however, take it as an educational course and don’t expect too much out of it because the duration is simply to short.

Tags: , ,

19 Comments on Commercial Internet Marketing Courses

1. Justin Choo says:

Alvin,

You are right. I nearly got “cheated” by eOnenet. If not for the unrealistically high fees she demanded, I would have enrolled, and perhaps failed because I don’t have sufficient background knowledge on computer.

I was always very interested in internet marketing but didn’t know how to go about it. There was no one to go to until I met Danny who taught me a thing or two about blogging, and then he introduced me to your mentoring course (G9).

This is the best thing that has happened in my entire life. And I got it free! I just cannot believe that there is such a person in this world. I am forever grateful to you Alvin, whether I will be successful or not it doesn’t matter, although I shall do my best if you will guide through.

As for your coming new project I don’t know how I can help. But just to tell you that if there is any thing you can’t find anyone to help, then sound me; perhaps I may lend a hand. There are only 2 setbacks, I am on the mainland and I have to take care of my 4 yr old granddaughter with my wife full time. (And I don’t have any active income right now, and I am 59!).

Be that as it may, I still want to contribute if I can. So please keep me in mind.

2. Alvin Cheong says:

Justin,

Thanks for offering to help with the community service project. Appreciate it.

3. tony koay says:

Hello, I am tony, I have interested on the online internet marketing. have you conduct any course?

4. Alvin Cheong says:

Tony, I do IM training but never on a commercial basis. I spend about 25 hours a week teaching people how to make money online as a community service, to the physically challenged, single mothers, cancer patients, senior citizens, and others. I operate under a legally registered non-profit NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) called Penang E-Community Club (PECC).

All trainings are provided completely free. Trainings are done either in our own resource center (evening) or at the YWCA in the morning. Our main objective is to eventually create an e-community that could make a living out of the internet. Our e-community currently has about 400+ members and still growing very fast.

5. june says:

that e1net really cheat people money. don’t know why Gov can let this kind of company licence to do business!!!

6. Alvin Cheong says:

June, I don’t think eOneNet is actually cheating people. Just that currently there is no fixed market price for such courses. So it is up to those commercial companies to price their courses based on what they think they’re worth. I know those IM courses conducted by the commercial companies cost a big “bomb”!

That is where we come in to fill up the gap to teach those who could not afford it especially those less fortunate groups in our society.

We cannot fault those companies for not being able to cover everything because it takes a very long time to learn everything. Our IM program takes 4~5 months just to cover the basic before the participants move on to the more advance models.

And since those commercial courses are usually held for only 2~3 days, nothing much could be covered except theories and concepts. It is then up to the participants to find their own ways to implement what they have paid to learn.

Even with our hand-holding process of 4~5 months in our free IM program, we still face an attrition rate of about 30%. So you can imaging how high theirs would be. I wouldn’t be surprised if their success rate is only less than 5%.

Ironically, we have a lot of participants from eOneNet and the rest of the other commercial courses that came to us. Well, if you asked me, I would still encourage the people to attend those commercial courses if they could afford it. Just to get more exposures and additional ideas.

There is no one person who knows everything in the internet, and that includes myself as I am also still learning everyday even though I have been in it full time for the last 8+ years.

7. richard says:

Hi Alvin, I am penang am interested to join your Pecc course. Please let me know do you still accept new member and if you do , how to join ?

Richard

8. Alvin Cheong says:

Hi Richard, yes we are still doing the IM program in PECC. I have sent you an email on the details. Pls check your email.

9. clarice says:

Hi Alvin,

i am interested in the IM program too. please kindly send me the details. thanks

10. clarice says:

also, the courses as mentioned – Trainings are done either in our own resource center (evening) or at the YWCA in the morning. can i have more details? thanks alot

11. Alvin Cheong says:

Hi Clarice,

I have already sent you some info on the IM program via your email.

Rgds,
    Alvin.

12. Sugar Ten says:

Hi Alvin, it’s my pleasure to know you here! I’m just started to venture into this internet marketing era and I’m so happy that there is a free course in Penang and conducted by you. May I know how to get into your program too? Thanks a lot Alvin!

13. Alvin Cheong says:

Sugar Ten,

Already emailed you the details on how to register.

14. Eldssa Chong. says:

Hi.Alvin.
    I’m interested in ur IM projects, do u still conduct free classes.
    Thks

15. Alvin Cheong says:

Hi Eldssa,

We will be discontinuing the free classes at the end of this year (2015). Currently conducting the last batch of 40+ people for the July-Dec group. Have been doing this free program as a community service for the past 8 years since 2008. Planning to do some serious mountain climbing and traveling starting next year. šŸ™‚

16. JeSheng says:

HI Alvin,

I’m Sheng, from Penang.
    Understand that you have discontinued the IM classes at the end of 2015. Too bad i do not have chance to join your classes.
    Is it possible to send me the syllabus for IM so that i can start to learn by myself?

Thanks.

17. Alvin Cheong says:

Hi Sheng,

We managed to secured some funding at the end of 2015 which enabled us to continue with the IM program for another year. Currently we are doing for the group 35 and will start a new one in July 2016. I have emailed you separately with the details.

Rgds,
    Alvin.

18. Choi KK says:

Hello Alvin,
    Are still doing IM courses?
    I enrolled in one with Eonenet.com for RM50 then they cancelled it in JB.
    Now, I am in a limbo as they don’t when they conduct the course. So where are you conducting your IM courses?
    Thanks for the reply

19. Alvin Cheong says:

Yes, I am still conducting the free IM course as a community service in Penang.